Wednesday 1 September 2010

Pilsdon Pen, Dorset

We went for a walk up Pilsdon Pen today. Pilsdon is a 277 metre high hill in West Dorset with 360 degree views across the county. Its also a great place to walk the dog, up and down the hill soon tired him out.


I took the picture above half way up. It is looking south across the beautiful countryside.

I think the bench adds something extra to the shot and aids the viewing of this beautiful scene.

The shot was taken using a Sony A200 DSLR, Minolta 17-35mm lens at 17mm f10 and ISO 100. I used a circular polariser to bring back some colour into the very bright sky. I also upped the contrast on the camera to boost the detail in the fore and midground.



A scene from the top of the hill. This stone mount has found on the of the hill's summit.

I wanted to try and get more of the landscape in the shot but only had my small tripod with me.

This picture comprises of 6 shots stitched together in Photoshop CS5 and was taken with a Sony A200, Minolta 17-35mm at 20mm f8 and ISO100. I also used the polariser in this shot.











The White Horse. The beautiful creature was minding his own business when I walked past the fence adjoining his field. I stood for a while before he started to walk toward me. He was quite a character, cantering back and fourth.

This shot was taken with a Sony A200, Sony 75-300mm lens at 200mm f8 and ISO 100.












A moody 'Cow'. When we reached to top, there were seven cows, 5 laying down and two stood up. This golden brown beauty proceeded to drop a very smelly present on her friends that were laying down before slowly moving toward me in an inquisitive manor.

I moved a little closer to gauge how she would react, eventually laying on the ground just in front of her to take this shot.

Taken with a Sony A200, Minolta 17-35mm lens at 17mm f4 ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment